How to apply
Your application is the key to a successful career change with Holcim. The application that you submit is your opportunity to be noticed within a short time. The application should consist of a motivation letter, resume/CV and letters of reference.
Tips: An application is an advertisement
- It should inspire us to pick up the phone and ask you to come in for an interview
- A complete application includes motivation letter, CV/resume and letters of reference.
- The motivation letter should provide the most important information. Which position you are applying, why you are interested in the job and what your expectations are
- A CV/resume is not a personal statement of some sort of self expression
- The font size of resume and cover letter should be clearly legible and the overall formatting simple. Check carefully the text for phrasing and spelling mistakes
- Preferred formats for attachments: PDF, MS Word, Powerpoint or JPG
- Maximum file size:2 MB
- Online application: Takes about 20 minutes
- Change your personal data: if you have already applied for a job and would like to update your personal data, login and update.
- Questions about the online application process? Contact us
- Privacy statement: You have the possibility to update or delete your data at any time
In the motivation letter you need to highlight key skills, background, experiences and competencies that make you the ideal candidate for the position. It should be specific to the position for which you are applying. So, look carefully at the job ad for what we are looking for. Answer the following guiding questions in your letter:
- Why are you interested in working with Holcim?
- Why are you interested in the position?
- What makes you the ideal candidate for the position?
Your CV/resume is key to a good application with the one specific purpose: to win an interview. Your resume should be well structured, orderly, precise, complete and not too long. It highlights your education, qualification and work experience. Make sure you cover the following information:
Include your name and contact details in the CV/resume (e-mail, phone, residence address).
List your previous positions and duration of employment with each company. Also provide concise, important details on your accomplishments in the roles held and any impact your efforts had on your company/functions.
Your resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments. Provide full name of the institutions attended, degrees conferred and final grades.