As a supplier of construction materials, Holcim strives for sustainable construction, a strategy which supports the entire construction lifecycle.
At Holcim, we always try to take a holistic approach to construction. From insulation to reduced energy use, high-performance components and concrete recycling. Today Holcim offers several cutting-edge sustainability solutions:
Indoor Climate Solutions
Indoor Climate Solutions (ICS) in Indonesia utilizes the thermal flow within a building’s concrete structure to cool and improve indoor air quality (and significantly reduce the energy bill.) Holcim offers ICS with our partner, Uponor, specifically for hot and humid climates.
Green Building Centers
Green Building Centers established by our Group company ACC in India offer products alongside skills training in rural areas. Green Building Centers are formed around local stakeholders (including local builders) to create low-carbon, locally sourced, safe and affordable construction projects with a 100% recycling potential.
ACC’s Green Building Centers furthermore familiarize customers with rural construction techniques and function as one-stop shops with:
- Locally produced, easy to use, reasonably priced construction products like bricks, tiles, pavers, roofing and similar items
- Knowledge and training on how to produce and apply these products in the rural context
- Well-equipped quality laboratory to monitor product quality
- Industrial machines which enable end-users to manufacture locally and thus save costs
- Display and explain application of rural construction elements ranging from fly ash bricks to roofing and housing solutions.
Read more about the project ACC’s green centers for rural India
G100 concrete in Singapore is a high-strength solution for tall buildings, offering high material efficiency. G100 reduces the Concrete Usage Index (CUI) by up to 50% – helping to achieve excellent ratings in the Singapore “Green Mark” building scheme.
Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction
Holcim promotes sustainable construction in science and in practice. By organizing forums, publications and the Holcim Awards Competition, the foundation promotes sustainable construction around the globe and facilitates the exchange of know-how among experts.