Enabling easy and efficient transportation through complex geographical areas is no secret to us. Holcim has unmatched know-how to make your tunnel project for metro, rail, and roads across the globe a success. We partner with you to deliver tailor-made solutions to meet your needs:
- site preparation and removal of existing structures (bridges, rock plugs, etc.)
- relocation and recycling of excavation material such as aggregates for concrete
- development of special products and solutions such as resistant and long-lasting cement, ultra-fine binders to reduce soil permeability, specific concrete mix designs
- logistics solutions such as transport with guaranteed delivery dates, rail logistics, and storage facilities capable of handling large volumes of materials
- flexible on-site production capacity - we can construct and operate ready-mix plants at your worksite
- a project management approach that responds to the highest health and safety standards.
Railways and train stations
At Holcim, we know that metropolitan and inter-city trains, high-speed railways, and tram lines often make stringent demands on construction companies, contractors, and transport operators, such as ensuring train infrastructure availability over time, securing project planning and execution, and meeting aesthetic and public acceptance challenges. We have developed a partnering approach at all phases of rail project development with solutions that encompass ballast aggregates or concrete-based slippers and tracks as well as materials and services to develop the most passenger-friendly stations.
The airport business model has evolved. Airports are no longer just critical transport facilities; they have become veritable business-generating infrastructure with a wide variety of shopping and entertainment activities. To be profitable, airports need to be open 24/7 and attract as many passengers as possible. We have developed a partner-focused approach at all phases of airport project development, with solutions including plane runways and aesthetic commercial buildings with innovative façades - based on our advanced Ultra-High-Performance Concrete (UHPC) for example.
As a construction company or port operator, when building or retrofitting a major maritime port, the key is to develop an infrastructure that will respond to today's challenges and those of the next 100 years, while maintaining container movement during construction. We accompany you every step of the way, using our technological expertise to build customized port solutions that ensure the continuation of delivery project planning and logistics, provide time-saving possibilities, offer the reduction of traffic hindrance, and ensure availability of material.
Through our worldwide trading and shipping activity, Holcim manages over 1,500 maritime shipments per year with our own ships and chartered freight. We supply materials such as specially-designed breakwater concrete blocks and advanced solutions for quay structures and rolling paths.
For construction companies and local governments, building or renovating a bridge is not only about connecting cities. It means making major financial investments and overcoming many challenges during the construction or renovation process, including making the infrastructure available as quickly as possible, building durable and resilient bridges, making sure the project stays on time and on budget and extending the lifetime of bridges. We can help you with your bridge infrastructure from the design phase with the best materials solutions for long-lasting bridges, including:
- cement and concrete for pillars and bridge decks
- UHPC joint fill offer and micro-cement for repairs and lifetime extension
- delivery of all our materials and solutions in remote and limited-access areas.