Chief Sustainability and Innovation Officer
Magali Anderson is Chief Sustainability and Innovation Officer, and was appointed as a member of the Group Executive Committee in October 2019.
Magali started working as a field engineer on offshore oil rigs in Nigeria, beginning a 27-year career in oil and gas. She spent the majority of her career with Schlumberger, holding operational line management positions including CEO, Angola; and Region Head, Europe. She has also held several functional roles, including Vice President, Marketing & Sales; Vice President, Shared Services Organization for the Europe and Africa region; and Global Head of Maintenance.
She joined Holcim as Group Head of Health & Safety in 2016, before becoming Chief Sustainability Officer in 2019. In 2021, the Group announced the expansion of Magali’s role to Chief Sustainability and Innovation Officer, putting sustainability at the core of its innovation pipeline.
Magali graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from INSA Lyon. She is a French national and was born in 1967.
Other activities and functions
- Member of the Board of the Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction
- Winner of the Edie Sustainability Leaders Awards 2022
- Honored as International Road Federation (IRF) Personality of the Year 2022
- Winner of the Global Woman Supply Chain Sustainability Excellence Award 2020
- Named International Woman of the Year 2018 at L’Usine Nouvelle’s Women in Industry Awards
- Member of the Advisory Board of several organizations: Business for Nature; World Green Building Council; MIT Climate & Sustainability Consortium
- Co-chair of the 2050 net-zero work for GCCA (Global Cement and Concrete Association)