Chief Executive Officer
Jan Jenisch has been the Chief Executive Officer of Holcim since 2017, and a member of the Board of Directors since 2021. Since joining in 2017, Jan has been driving a new era of strength for Holcim, with record profitability levels, 60,000 people worldwide and industry-leading ESG ratings.
Jan’s international career led him to become CEO of Sika AG in 2012. Under his leadership, Sika set new performance standards for sales and profitability, becoming a member of the Swiss Market Index.
He joined Holcim as CEO in 2017, committing himself to making Holcim the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. His achievements so far include diversifying Holcim’s portfolio to expand the company’s Solutions & Products business. He also headed the launch of the industry’s first global ranges of ECOPact green concrete and ECOPlanet green cement.
Jan studied in the US and Switzerland, obtaining his MBA from the University of Fribourg in 1993. In 2021, he received a Dr. h.c. for his accomplishments as CEO of two SMI companies. Jan is a German national and was born in 1966.
Other activities and functions
- Non-Executive Director of the privately held Glas Troesch Holding AG, Bützberg, Switzerland
- President of the Global Cement and Concrete Association
- Member of the Executive Committee of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Member of the European Round Table for Industry (ERT)
- Board member of the Swiss-Japanese Chamber of Commerce (SJCC)